Denver’s Pet Odor Removal and Stain Cleaning Experts
For Pet Odor and Stain Free Carpets Clean Enough for the Whole Family
We know all too well the frustration pet accidents cause. Pet odor removal is difficult, if not impossible. Discoloration caused by pet urine, or other biological pet issues is no easier. You need professional help to get your carpets clean, sanitized and smelling fresh again. Stop worrying about pet urine and odor and get back to enjoying your home.
Sometimes Dogs Aren’t Your Carpet’s Best Friend
Your dog is part of your family. He means well, but sometimes accidents happen to the best of us. Fortunately you’ve got MSS Cleaning in your corner. We’re here to help with all of your pet’s carpet mistakes.
With expert technicians and a whole heaping pile of… know how, we’ll actually clean pet odor and stains out of your carpets – instead of just hiding the problem.
Don’t Mask Pet Odor, Remove It!
Most other carpet cleaning services provide only a basic carpet cleaning and deodorizing service. While this is may offer some slight odor or stain relief, the pet odor comes back. Then you’re back to square one again. Back looking for someone who can actually remove pet odor from carpet instead of just hiding it.
It doesn’t when you hire MSS. We offer a full suite of pet carpet cleaning services. From less expensive basic treatments all the way to deep flooding extractions and pad replacements. Don’t worry, our professionals will customize plans to fit your needs and budget.
Because Your Carpet is More Than Just a Floor Covering
Its a cushy place to lie and watch TV. A comfortable spot to play with your kids. A surface that adds warmth to your living area. We know how dried pet urine stains or other pet odor make this desirable space… well, not so desirable.
So we’re here to provide pet specific carpet cleaning services to alleviate your frustrations. Let’s help you stop feeling like yelling at your dog and more like giving him or her belly rubs instead.
Your DIY Efforts Helped But Didn’t Solve The Problem… Now What!?
Pet spots, even old set in pet urine stains that have been there for months still have an unpleasant odor. You’ve probably tried cleaning them yourself. Your search for “how to remove old dog urine stains from carpet” brought you a whole mess of pinterest articles and do it yourself solutions that unfortunately didn’t work. Regardless of how many times you’ve tried to clean up those set in pet urine stains on your carpet, you just can’t get that odor to go away.
Why You Need a Professional Pet Odor Removal Service
When your pet has an accident on the carpet, it bleeds through the carpet fibers. It also then bleeds through the carpet backing. From here, it’s on into the pad. Sometimes, urine can even penetrate into the subfloor. Pet urine needs to be neutralized and then extracted with very powerful equipment. Only then can the odor be eliminated and the stain kept from wicking back up. There’s a lot more to it that just cleaning the carpet. The carpet, pad, and sometimes the subfloor all need to be cleaned and sanitized.
How We Tackle Pet Urine and Pet Odor Removal
We follow a 3 stage pet-specific carpet cleaning approach. This approach effectively removes pet urine from carpets. This is done using only the finest equipment and solutions available to properly clean your carpets and neutralize odors. We don’t just do a basic surface cleaning without neutralizing the source of the odor, as many other companies do.
Three Stage Pet Stain and Odor Control Process
Stage 1: Pet Stain and Odor Pre-Spray, Hot Water Extraction, Post Treatment
This process works well for probably half of the stains we encounter. Surface stains without a ton of liquid usually respond well. Examples being dog poop removal, pet vomit removal, small dog urine removal etc.
- We first apply a pet specific pre-spray to the area. This is used as a high quality pet odor neutralizer. We allow this to work for 5-10 minutes
- Next, We utilize our truck mounted carpet cleaning machine to perform a full hot water extraction (steam cleaning) of the area with a specific rinse. The purpose of this is to thoroughly rinse as much pet stain color and odor causing material from the carpet.
- Lastly, an a follow up treatment to the carpet is done to ensure all of the stain is removed and any remaining odors are eliminated.
Stage 2: Flooding and Rinsing
We use this method for more advanced pet stains. When a large dog peed on the carpet, or a pet has been using the same area frequently to relieve itself. This is for when things need to be taken to the next level.
- We utilize a special tool called a Water Claw. This tool floods the area with pet odor neutralizer and then powerfully extracts it. Multiple cycles of flooding and rinsing are used. This removes as much material as possible from the carpet. Through the numerous rinse cycles, we also clean the underlying carpet pad.
- We follow up using the process in stage 1.
Stage 3: Carpet Pad Replacement and Kilz Treatment
For the most significant pet stain carpet cleaning, replacing the carpet pad and possibly treating the subfloor is necessary.
- Pull back the carpet and clean both sides of the carpet – both the front side and the backing.
- Cut out the area of the carpet pad that is saturated in pet urine and replace it with a new piece of pad.
- All areas are treated with odor neutralizers and special cleaning solutions.
- If necessary, Kilz can be applied to the subfloor material. This seals in any pet odors left from dog urine or cat urine. Typically this is not needed for dog pee removal, but for cat pee removal, where the scent is more pungent, it often can be.
- Allow the carpet to dry and then reinstall the carpet. Stretch and tuck the carpet to return to a professionally installed look.